Kate Goodwin, CEO & Founder of ILLUMIN8 Media Make-Up Studio did Anne V for Harpers Bazaar Arabia’s cover shoot this month. Get this celebrity look from our Celebrity Make-Up Artist.
Anne V is a super model so let’s be fair, didn’t need to worry too much as she is HOT! Can’t really go wrong. This shoot was so much fun with an amazing team, and it shows, as Anne V rocked the look and the outfit. A little bit of colour goes a long way this season. Stick to semi-matte to dewy skin for a fresh base, and enjoy a plethora of bright summer colours, especially hot for lips this season.
I kept her skin clean, using the MAC strobe cream and Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturiser in Bare. Her skin was amazing so I only needed a little touch of my ever-faithful Secret Camouflage by Laura Mercier in SC-3. Her eyes used gold and neutral tones, which worked beautiful for her complexion. All products are listed below.
- Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturiser in Bare
- Secret Camouflage by Laura Mercier in SC-3
- M.A.C Strobe Cream (as a primer)
- Nars Laguna Bronzer
- Burberry Tangerine
- Laura Mercier Illuminating Eye Colour in Gilded Bronze (pat on entire eyelid)
- Bobbi Brown Taupe (Blend lightly around the socket)
- M.A.C Shimmer Pigment in Vanilla (tear duct area/brow bone)
- Chanel Blonde Claire (for brows)
- Estee Lauder Artists Eye Pencil in Softsmudge Brown (for definition)
Dolce & Gabbana Lipstick in the colour Venere
While we believe in the philosophy of buying high quality products to minimise skin damage, we also understand, on the other end of that argument is affordability. Worry not; here is our guide to looking front cover hot with these drugstore dupes for Kendall’s look.
Pro Tip: Always invest in a high-end primer. Primers act as a barrier between your skin and your makeup. Even if your makeup is not of the best quality, it will not infiltrate the skin with impurities causing breakouts or other concerns.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
- Laura Mercier Foundation Primer
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (available in 6 shades)
- L’oreal Paris Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer
- Maybelline Pure Blush Mineral ‘Quartz Peach’
- NYX 01 ‘Sunrise in Bali Bronzer Shade
- Tiki So Baked Bronzer by Hard Candy
- Maybelline EyeStudio Color Tattoo 24Hr Eyeshadow, Audacious Asphalt
- Maybelline EyeStudio Color Tattoo 24Hr Eyeshadow, Bold Gold
- Maxfactor 2000 Calories Dramatic Volume in Rich Black
- AVON SuperShock Eyeliner Pencil in Black
- Rimmel London Professional Eyebrow Pencil
- L’oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in Fairest Nude
Kate Goodwin, the Founder and CEO of Illumin8 Media Makeup Studio had a blast on her recent trip to LA for a shoot with Harpers Bazaar Arabia. She got to work with the bubbly and cute Kendall Jenner and a fabulous team. Here she explains about the pigments and products she chose to create Kendall’s look for the thematic monochrome shoot.
KG “Kendall is only 17 so she has beautiful young skin with hardly any spots or pigmentation. I love when I get to work on fresh faces as you don’t need to use a lot of make up which is very cam-friendly. As a make-up artist, it is important to use products sparingly to create a mod-chic look. In Kendall’s case, we wanted to make her look mature and more sophisticated so I chose a more sultry look, enhancing her eyes with a clean base and spring-time contour.”
- Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer Bare Radiance
- Laura Mercier Mineral Finishing Powder
- Tom Ford Cheek Color in Love Lust
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact – Pink Quartz
- Giorgio Armani High Precision Re-Touch Concealer
- Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons Bronzing Powder
- MAC Clear eyebrow gel
- Chanel Illusion D’ombre in 817 Apparence
- Chanel Illusion D’ombre in 85 Mirifique
- MAC – Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack
- Laura Mercier Eyebrow pencil in Brunette
- DiorShow Iconic Overcurl Mascara in 090
- Dolce & Gabbana Classic Cream Lipstick in Nude
- Dolce & Gabbana Precision Liner in Warm
Learn about the drugstore dupes for this look here