As we roll in this new year, we must begin to get comfortable with change…because it is inevitable. So let’s change for the better and charge into 2014. We say start with easy resolutions before you tackle the BIG ones, like making beauty goals and sticking to them! Here are 8 to get you started:
1. Clear out old clutter in your makeup cabinet.
Check dates, check cleanliness, and check to see if you still like it or have even used it. How many times have you gone to the store, saw a product you loved, and when you put it on hated it? So you put it away thinking you’ll try it again…but it’s never the right time, right look. Either donate it to a friend if sanitary, or ditch it!
2. Switch from drugstore mascara to makeup counter mascara.
Why? Have you tried Benefit’s THEY’RE REAL mascara? This product is the number one selling mascara in the UK, and for good reason. The product helps to create long healthy lashes that stay looking that way all night without the clumps.
3. Learn a new tip or trick from a professional.
It’s a new year, and so, it’s time for a new look. The professionals at ILLUMIN8 offer a Personal Makeup Workshop that is designed to teach you how to create the perfect day – to – evening look effortlessly. Next Workshop 11 January, runs 10am – 5pm, and if you bring a friend you get a deal!
4. Try a new product once every three months.
This way, at the end of the year you have some fun, new items in your kit that you would not normally have. Have you seen these Miley Makeup, STICK ON LINERS? Fun & Funky!
5. Promise to wash your face every night before bed.
We all say we do it, we all try to make it a habit, but when we wake up to see yesterdays mascara smudged all over our tired eyes…guilty! Makeup is basically a form of dirt, especially mixed with the daily oil and toxins exposure. Be kind to your skin. 3-5 minutes is all it takes.
6. Give your body a good exfoliation once a month, and for more mature skin, once a week.
Body scrub can be found in many stores around UAE, but you can also make some fun options at home! Here’s a quick recipe that is sure to soften your skin and make you smell divine.
- 1 Glass Jar to store scrub
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1-2 drops vanilla extract depending on your love for vanilla!
- 1/3 cup mineral salt
- ½ cup extra virgin coconut oil
- -Mix Sugar, Vanilla and Salt together, then add Coconut Oil. Voila! Your first at home Body Scrub!
7. We blow-dry, flat iron, curl, spray, tease, brush, then wash, rinse and repeat. But where is the hair love?
Mark your calendar’s monthly for a good hair treatment. Consider Redken’s ALL SOFT Heavy Cream Hair Softening Treatment. It’s made with argan oil and targets dry/brittle hair for intense, inside-out softness, sleekness, and brilliant shine!
8. Most importantly, Rest & Hydrate. Nothing is more important to skin than H2O and sleep. During the night, your body naturally enhances its ability to fight environmental and natural damage, which translates into a better and brighter complexion. Sleep can reduce the appearance of thinning skin, stretch marks, discoloration, age spots & fine lines. And most of us are aware the skin is the largest organ in the body, but did you also know that water will reach all the other organs before it reaches the skin? So, it’s important to apply water to our skin and keep it there – through drinking lots of it, this will not only show a visible difference in hydration, but it can prevent wrinkles, as well.
WE WISH YOU WELL IN 2014!! WE HOPE TO SEE YOU IN OUR STUDIO!