Here are two more reasons why your skin is not at it’s best
1. Ignoring a healthy diet: This has been said time and again, however we are not preaching a dukan, paleo or harsh diet for anyone. The french have a saying, “everything in moderation, including moderation.” Following that philosophy for your diet, will help you to limit portions and emulate great energy. Drink lots of water and fruit juices (unsweetened of course), take a walk and keep your endorphins going. This will not just help with a glowing skin, but will add to mood upliftment.
2. Relying too much on product: I love Estee Lauder, Korres, Bioderma or XYZ skincare as much as the next girl. However, relying too much on products can also effect your skin, as most often than not, your skincare alters every month. Some days, all your skin needs is a plain old organic honey mask to recover from all the product that are piled on it every day. Use simple DIY’s like honey/cinnamon masks, oatmeal/banana scrub to exfoliate, cleanse and moisturise in primitive ways. This is a great buck saver and safe for all skin types!
If you go out and buy many products only to find them not worth the hype or price, here is a cheap and easy way to have super shiny hair. This hair mask is appropriate for oily, normal and dry hair as it is moisturizing and sheen inducing.
Ingredients (measurements can vary on length of the hair)
- 3-4 tsp. of fresh plain yogurt
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tsp. honey
Blend all the above ingredients to a smooth paste. Take medium sections from your hair and apply from root to tip. Keep the hair mask for 40-50 minutes followed by shampooing possibly with a sulphate-free shampoo. No need to condition again afterwards.
Pro Tip: While shampooing try using a lukewarm to cold water. As washing your hair in hot water can be damaging to the roots and scalp.
While we believe in the philosophy of buying high quality products to minimise skin damage, we also understand, on the other end of that argument is affordability. Worry not; here is our guide to looking front cover hot with these drugstore dupes for Kendall’s look.
Pro Tip: Always invest in a high-end primer. Primers act as a barrier between your skin and your makeup. Even if your makeup is not of the best quality, it will not infiltrate the skin with impurities causing breakouts or other concerns.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
- Laura Mercier Foundation Primer
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (available in 6 shades)
- L’oreal Paris Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer
- Maybelline Pure Blush Mineral ‘Quartz Peach’
- NYX 01 ‘Sunrise in Bali Bronzer Shade
- Tiki So Baked Bronzer by Hard Candy
- Maybelline EyeStudio Color Tattoo 24Hr Eyeshadow, Audacious Asphalt
- Maybelline EyeStudio Color Tattoo 24Hr Eyeshadow, Bold Gold
- Maxfactor 2000 Calories Dramatic Volume in Rich Black
- AVON SuperShock Eyeliner Pencil in Black
- Rimmel London Professional Eyebrow Pencil
- L’oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in Fairest Nude
Kate Goodwin, the Founder and CEO of Illumin8 Media Makeup Studio had a blast on her recent trip to LA for a shoot with Harpers Bazaar Arabia. She got to work with the bubbly and cute Kendall Jenner and a fabulous team. Here she explains about the pigments and products she chose to create Kendall’s look for the thematic monochrome shoot.
KG “Kendall is only 17 so she has beautiful young skin with hardly any spots or pigmentation. I love when I get to work on fresh faces as you don’t need to use a lot of make up which is very cam-friendly. As a make-up artist, it is important to use products sparingly to create a mod-chic look. In Kendall’s case, we wanted to make her look mature and more sophisticated so I chose a more sultry look, enhancing her eyes with a clean base and spring-time contour.”
- Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer Bare Radiance
- Laura Mercier Mineral Finishing Powder
- Tom Ford Cheek Color in Love Lust
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact – Pink Quartz
- Giorgio Armani High Precision Re-Touch Concealer
- Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons Bronzing Powder
- MAC Clear eyebrow gel
- Chanel Illusion D’ombre in 817 Apparence
- Chanel Illusion D’ombre in 85 Mirifique
- MAC – Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack
- Laura Mercier Eyebrow pencil in Brunette
- DiorShow Iconic Overcurl Mascara in 090
- Dolce & Gabbana Classic Cream Lipstick in Nude
- Dolce & Gabbana Precision Liner in Warm
Learn about the drugstore dupes for this look here